What is a cookie and how will our website use them?
A cookie is a small text file containing a piece of data that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser when you visit a website. The identifier is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you. However there may be personal information linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain through the use of our cookies for one or more of the following purposes:
- To help us improve our websites usability
- To help us analyse the usage of the website
- To recognise your computer when you visit our website
What type of cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies:
- Cookies for analytics, targeting and advertising purposes. Analytics cookies gather general information on how users use our website such as how long a user stays on our website, which pages a user visits most frequently and if users receive any error messages from our website.
- Cookies for navigation and functionality. These cookies are necessary for the function and navigation of our website. They help the basket functionality and enable you to stay logged in as you move from one page to another through our website. If you refuse to accept these cookies it will impact the usability of certain functions on our website.
To find out more about cookies you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org